||Instructional Aide, SPED
||Los Angeles Regional Office
||Los Angeles Region
||Instructional Aide will provide support for students with special needs in the classroom environment and support the Resource Specialist, General Education team and/or Speech & Language Pathologist, and uphold the core values of Aspire Public Schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist Special Education teacher in supporting students with disabilities in the general education curriculum by creating daily schedule
2. Provide services, supports and interventions directly to students under guidance and daily supervision of Special Education teacher, to ensure students meet academic and behavioral goal, ie. providing 1:1 support to student in classroom, explaining instructions
to students, modeling appropriate behavior, communicating regularly with classroom teacher.
3. Assist in providing materials to help classroom teacher create curriculum modifications for students
4. Help provide testing accommodations, for example, supervise student completing test in a separate location or during an extended time
5. Assist student and classroom teacher on behavior; e.g. implementing behavior plan
6. Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
7. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
||1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
-Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
-Ability and willingness to implement students’ IEPs
-Ability and willingness to reflect and improve
-Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions; ability and good judgment to take initiative to modify activities
-Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; ability to collaborate with general education and special education colleagues, parents and community
2) Minimum educational level:
-High school diploma
-Bachelor’s degree with major in Psychology, Education or Human Development preferred
3) Experience required:
-1+ year working with students in special education or students from urban communities in an educational setting
||Send This Job to a Friend