||Bay Area, Central Valley, Los Angeles, Memphis
||The Substitute Teacher provides a high quality, personalized education program for students using the Aspire approach, in classrooms when the regular classroom teacher is not available. Upholds the mission and values established by Aspire Public Schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows classroom systems/procedures established by regular classroom teacher, and manages student behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged in learning
- Reinforces a culture of high expectations that includes college preparation for all students
- Implements lesson plans and classroom activities consistent with California State Standards, Aspire Instructional Guidelines, and teacher plans for substitutes
- Assesses students regularly in accordance with Aspire guidelines and teacher plans for substitutes and refines classroom activities to differentiate instruction for each student
- Collaborates with Aspire team members to improve own and others’ instructional practices; shares best practices
- Actively participates in professional development activities as requested by principals and RVP, including: training sessions and working with lead teacher, principal, instructional coaches
- Provides regular classroom teachers with timely information on classroom activities and student progress
- Tracks critical student information and maintains accurate student records, including attendance, in accordance with Aspire procedures
- Collaborates with regular classroom teachers, other team members and outside service providers to address learning challenges in accordance with individual student plans
- Schedule own coverage of regular classroom teachers’ classrooms, according to priorities set by RVP; track work schedule
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
||1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Knowledge of subject matter, including California State Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Knowledge of assessments
- Ability and willingness to implement Aspire Instructional Guidelines and Best Practices
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
Ability and willingness to reflect and improve
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community
- Willingness to drive to Aspire schools within a 45 minute driving radius
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelors degree
- Valid California Teaching Credential or Permit required
3) Experience required:
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
4) Physical requirements:
- Stand, walk or bend over, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, grasp, push, and pull. Move, lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds to shoulder height.
- Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping).
- Demonstrate normal depth perception.
- Sitting, walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Distinguish colors.
- Read and understand rules and policies, labels, and instructions.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Verbal communications, including the ability to speak and hear at normal room levels and on the telephone.
- Work indoors in a standard office environment, computer lab, and/or classroom environment.
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Exposure to dust, oils, and cleaning chemicals.
- Some exposure to childhood and other diseases in a school environment.
- May be required to work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet operational deadlines.
||Send This Job to a Friend