||Senior Human Resources Specialist
The HR Senior Specialist is responsible for Managing Employee Services for their school region in all aspects of HR Operations. They are responsible for HRIS administration, benefits administration, compliance and training, in addition to oversight of personnel
records, and other HR administrative tasks completed by other members of the Human Capital Team. The HR Senior Specialist is a problem solver with excellent customer service skills, who will collaborate with the Human Capital team to enhance processes and
systems to the benefit of Aspire and employees as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage Employee Services for Region, which includes: setting up the process for and maintain personnel files/records for new hires, status changes and terminations.
• HRIS data, ensure that data process in the HRIS system is accurate as well as the approval path for entries made by outside stakeholders.
• Provide elite customer service to Aspire Employees, as well as inter-departmental services to other Human Capital teams (recruiting, regional managers) and external stakeholders (payroll, finance, etc.).
• Manage required compliance for all employees based on region: unemployment claims, employee verifications, intent to return, benefit status letters
• Generate and ensure compliance with all Aspire employment status related letters (offer letters, on-boarding materials, status changes, Department of Justice notifications).
• Maintain SafeSchools site for Aspire regarding required compliance trainings.
• Review/audit records for accuracy to ensure compliance within Aspire policies and all state and federal legal requirements.
• Work with key stakeholders on the maintenance of annual calendars
• Document and provide input on HR procedures and employee handbooks.
• Lead and present during new hire trainings during the summer season and Open Enrollment; as well as support with Human Capital Trainings, presentations, and orientations.
• Ensure compliance from an HR standpoint for all independent contractor agreements and support finance team as well as provide supervisory staff as needed.
• Responsible for regional benefits administration including enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, voluntary benefits, tuition reimbursement, FSA and commuter plans and any additional benefit offerings.
• Maintain the accuracy of data loaded into benefit system, including daily file uploads from the HRIS system.
• Oversee maintenance of employee benefit e-files and updating of employee payroll records.
• Responsible for workers compensation administration, serving as the first point of contact for the broker, Aspire teammates and supervisors, ensuring legal compliance.
• Support Director in administration of leaves and accommodation requests.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Back up other Specialists and HR Coordinator/Assistant as needed.
• Thought partner and collaborator with Director of Employee Services in regards to processes, systems and streamlining
• Form relationships with Regional Key Stake Holders
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Experience in HR administrative systems
• Knowledge of Human Resources practices
• Must be accurate and detail oriented
• High level of flexibility and professionalism
• Initiative and can do attitude in keeping with growth environment
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Ability to find creative solutions and problem solve effectively
• Strong administrative skills; word processing, spreadsheets
• Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple tasks concurrently; ability to within a team
• Must be able to travel occasionally, with out of state travel being a possibility
• Knowledge of UltiPro or comparable employee tracking systems a plus
2) Minimum educational level:
• A.A. degree, HR certification program, or equivalent years of experience in HR function
3) Experience required:
• 3-4 years of experience in Human Resources, Benefits Administration and/or Payroll
• Familiarity with general employment guidelines at the state and federal level
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience or strong interest in K-12 public education
||Send This Job to a Friend