||Aspire Inskeep Academy
||The Cafeteria Assistant was established for the purpose/s of preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel as well as maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition. Reports to Business Manager and works closely
with the Cafeteria Manager. Works with children, parents and outside consultants/vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Arranges setup for food items, supplies, serving lines, and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring that items are provided in accordance with cafeteria requirements.
• Prepares and serves food and beverage items according to approved recipes (e.g. fruits, vegetables, salads, sandwiches, entrees, soups, baked goods, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and health requirements and projected meal requirements
and/or requests of students and school personnel.
• Operates standard commercial kitchen equipment and reports equipment malfunctions for the purpose of maintaining equipment in safe working order.
• Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance, and temperature for the purpose of presenting items that will be accepted by students and/or staff.
• Inventories and stocks food, condiments, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability, quantity, and security of items needed for the number of persons to be served; adjusts recipes to meet quantity of main dishes required, maintains accurate records
in accordance with proper inventory control and to make sure students had the proper amount of food.
• Collects payments for food items from students and staff (e.g. cash, meal tickets, etc.) for the purpose of securing funds for reimbursement of costs.
• Responds to inquires of students, staff, and/or parents for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the type and/or cost of meals.
• Cleans the tables and chairs after every lunch period; linens, utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas (e.g. ovens, steamers, fryers, mixers, slicers, refrigerator and freezers, dishes, tableware, kitchen utensils, counters,
carts, racks, and dishwashing machine, etc., also sweeps daily and spot mops if there are any spills for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
• Meets all standards of local, state and federal health and food regulations.
• Meets all dress code standards for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
• Maintains regular attendance.
• Attends in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Take down tables and chairs as needed for special events, with the help of the building manager and recess supervisors.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Cafeteria Manager.
||1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, directions for use, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine explanations, complete orders, complete necessary paperwork and time sheets, and take written
messages. Ability to speak effectively to individuals in relaying verbal instructions or concerns.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply ratio and percent concepts to the mixing of solutions and adjustment of recipes.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to establish priority order of tasks necessary to complete an assignment. Ability to use trouble-shooting and problem-solving
• Other Skills and Abilities: The employee will be able to operate standard commercial kitchen equipment and work aids.
2) Minimum educational level:
• High school graduate or equivalent.
3) Experience required:
• Experience in the operation of kitchen equipment. Previous experience in food service.
||Send This Job to a Friend