||GENERAL SUMMARY: Assists school sites in registering and scheduling students; interprets and maintains grades and credits on transcripts. This position is part of Team LINK and works closely with all levels within schools and home office. Additionally,
this position will work closely with children, parents and outside consultants/vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists school site office staff in registering new students in grades 9-12, including: reviewing transcripts, assigning credits, and checking for graduation requirements and eligibility for activities
• Assists school site office staff and principals in scheduling new students appropriately based on students’ prior coursework
• Provides updated and current transcripts (including credits and grades) to students as requested
• Ensures report card and transcript templates and formulas in PowerSchool are correct and reflect current Aspire grading policies
• Generates reports from PowerSchool as requested by school sites, including but not limited to: honor roll, eligibility for activities, class rankings, parent reports, class rosters, etc.
• Maintains accurate list of course offerings meeting college entrance requirements; assigns course numbers and sections
• Assists school site office staff and principals in setting up Master Schedules
• Collects data and provides reports for state reporting requirements, including CBEDS and certain categorical funds
• Explains Aspire policies regarding graduation requirements and grading policy to parents, students, staff, and outside entities (e.g. colleges)
• Organizes, communicates, and manages timeline of activities related to finalizing and storing grades; ensure grades are accurate and final prior to Year-End roll-over of PowerSchool.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities: • Proficiency with PowerSchool and additional other database experience preferred • Proficiency with Microsoft Office • Strong written and verbal communication skills with a variety of different
audiences • Strong organization skills • Spanish Bilingual preferred but not required • Meticulous ability to follow process and procedures 2) Minimum educational level: Bachelor’s degree 3) Experience required: • Database administration or other technology
experience • School or school district office experience preferred but not required 4) Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be reasonably met by a Registrar to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job: Stand, walk or bend over, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, grasp, push, and pull. Move, lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds to shoulder height. ☒ Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping). ☒ Demonstrate
normal depth perception. ☒ Sitting, walking or standing for extended periods of time. ☒ Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone ☒ See and read a computer screen and printed matter
with or without vision aids. ☒ Distinguish colors. ☒ Read and understand rules and policies, labels, and instructions. ☒ Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone. ☒ Verbal communications, including the ability to speak and hear at normal
room levels and on the telephone. 5) Work environment: The work environment characteristics are representative of those in a normal office, classroom/school setting which one might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. ☒ Work indoors
in a standard office environment, computer lab, and/or classroom environment. ☒ Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments. ☒ Exposure to dust, oils, and cleaning chemicals. ☒ Some exposure to childhood and other diseases in a school environment.
☒ May be required to work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet operational deadlines.
||Send This Job to a Friend