||Math Instructional Coach
||Bay Area Regional Office
||East Palo Alto, Oakland, Richmond
||Serves as resource for the implementation of the educational program for Aspire Public Schools. Provides training and support for secondary teachers. The Instructional Coach supports teachers located at multiple school campuses and travels across regions
as well as to the Home Office as necessary to provide coaching, training and/or planning. Supports New Teachers through Aspire’s Induction Program. Upholds the mission and values established by Aspire Public Schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with New Teachers to support them through the Aspire New Teacher Induction Program.
2. Work with assigned teachers to identify needed skills/techniques.
3. Conduct demonstration lessons, hold mini-workshops and professional book clubs, and provide summer training.
4. Share written materials and organizational techniques.
5. Keep up-to-date on educational research and best practices.
6. Work closely with the principals and Area Superintendents, to identify needed resources (i.e. consultants, curriculum materials).
7. Facilitate team meetings.
8. Support teachers who are applying for National Board Certification.
9. Monitor the replication of the Aspire educational program.
10. Evangelize the Aspire mission.
11. Provide constructive feedback to Aspire.
12. Participate in the designing and redesigning of the Aspire educational program.
13. Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
14. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
15. Regular travel required including driving and air travel for daily trips to multiple school sites in and across regions to provide direct teacher/student/school support each week; and 10 %+ overnight travel for conferences, retreats and Aspire meetings.
||1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong communication and community-building skills
- Outstanding training and presentation abilities
- Deep knowledge of curriculum development and program design
- Record of success in developing teachers
- Experience in performance assessment
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Dependable transportation
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree in Education preferred
3) Experience required:
- 7+ years 6-12 teaching excellence in subject area(s) of coaching focus. (Math, Language Arts, Science)
- Proficiency with MS Office
||Send This Job to a Friend