||Aspire Public Schools
||The Lunch Supervisor monitors and supports students during lunch and passing breaks to ensure a safe, secure and comfortable environment conducive to student interaction and learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Meal Ordering and Delivery
• Submit monthly/weekly orders to vendor for all meals preventing excess waste and/or insufficient production to meet meal count demands
• Adjust orders according to student meal preferences
• Receive and verify all deliveries and refuse unsatisfactory products or services
• Adhere to health and food safety standards; maintain temperature control in all aspects of food preparation and service
• Following Aspire’s HACCP, make sure all areas inside the kitchen, and where meals are served, are safe and sanitary
• Clean serving counters, tables, chairs, food containers and other equipment and ensure the proper care of the kitchen equipment
• Certify all meals served are compliant under the USDA NSLP ensuring all quantities and components are met for reimbursement
• Operate electronic point-of-sale (POS) and complete computer data entry in a timely manner
Reporting & Record keeping
• Complete daily production records including tracking of meals delivered, served and counting leftovers
• Maintain temperature logs for equipment
• Prepare bank deposits and delivers deposit to designated bank
Aspire Public Schools food services is vended which means we order all meals from a food service provider. Food is not prepared on site, rather it is delivered daily and brought to the appropriate temperature before serving.
||1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving ability; good judgment
- Ability to interact appropriately with children of different ages
- Bilingual - Spanish & English preferred
- Computer Skills
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School Diploma required
3) Experience required:
- Experience in a food services position or school lunchroom preferred.
4) Physical requirements:
- Stand, walk or bend over, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, grasp, push, and pull. Move, lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds to shoulder height.
- Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping).
- Demonstrate normal depth perception.
- Sitting, walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Distinguish colors.
- Read and understand rules and policies, labels, and instructions.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Verbal communications, including the ability to speak and hear at normal room levels and on the telephone.
- Work indoors in a standard office environment, computer lab, and/or classroom environment.
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor4 environments.
- Exposure to dust, oils, and cleaning chemicals.
- Some exposure to childhood and other diseases in a school environment.
- May be required to work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet operational deadlines.
||Send This Job to a Friend