||Director of Equity
The Director of Equity will develop and oversee the collaborative implementation of equity initiatives that supports the organization’s mission, values and strategic agenda. This leader will be accountable for building our organizational muscle to identify,
discuss and address equity issues impacting our students, schools and teammates. We expect the Director’s role will evolve as the organization continues to make progress in its strategic planning work and articulating the 5-year ambition for Aspire. He/she
will develop and manage a multi-year equity plan that supports the AspireForward 5-year ambition. He/she will develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of these equity practices and initiatives. In addition, he/she will collaborate closely with the Senior
Leadership, Human Capital and Regional teams to ensure that equity initiatives continue to support Aspire’s core equity beliefs and are rooted in our Equity Belief Statements. The Director is creative, resourceful and innovative in how equity is an authentic,
well-integrated, “living” part of our organization and the core of what we believe in and manifest through our actions and outcomes.
• Develop and manage a multi-year equity plan that supports the AspireForward 5-year ambition.
• Create a shared sense of responsibility and accountability for equity and inclusion by integrating specific practices into the strategic plan.
• Prioritize equity policies and practices that will have the most impact on our students.
• Use data and metrics to uncover insightful ways to strengthen equity consciousness across the organization.
• Develop equity goals and objectives for annual recruiting and retention targets.
• Develop, manage and implement an annual PD training plan focused on equity.
• Integrate equity training and practices into the onboarding process.
• Facilitate and lead equity PD at quarterly Director’s Retreats and annual SLT retreat.
• Create standards for the formation of affinity groups (employee resource groups).
• Oversee teammate affinity groups including coordination of cross-cultural opportunities between groups.
• Stay current on equity philosophies and approaches. Integrate best practices, trends and guidelines into PD and practices supporting school site and home office teammates.
• Develop communication mechanisms to ensure we are able to identify, discuss and address equity issues impacting our students, schools and teammates.
• Partner with leadership across all regions, school sites and home office to create a formal equity charter and strategy directly connected to Aspire’s Equity Belief Statements.
• Provide guidance to the leadership team in their efforts to increase equity through recruitment, retention and development of underrepresented populations.
• Work collaboratively across the organization to manifest Aspire’s Equity Belief Statements into day to day actions.
• Collaborate with our Talent Team to devise an authentic and transparent strategy for recruiting and retaining employees that will move the needle on diverse teams that are more reflective of our students.
• Partner across the education field as a thought leader to define new standards for transparency and investment in equity practices.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Understanding of multicultural education, equity in classrooms and pedagogy
• Demonstrated commitment to equity
• Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; proven experience working and collaborating well with various levels
• Strong organizational and time-management skills; able to lead multiple projects and still meet all deadlines.
• Very proficient in Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/ PowerPoint
• Ability to educate others and build trust
• A working knowledge of community building and conflict resolution along with leadership and facilitation skills
• Ability to build relationships quickly. Understand and use relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders.
• Comfort working with data, conducting analysis, seeking insights and making inferences from data to drive future planning
• Self-driven with superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through
• Curious, innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to optimize our equity lens
• Able to translate broad concepts into actions that are practical and tangible for the organization
• Ability to inspire all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Aspire values and high levels of integrity and humility, and interest in Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
3) Experience required:
• 3-5 years of proven track record in the Education Sector
• 3-5 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in equity and inclusion practices to be able to support and mentor others
• 3+ years of experience implementing equity programs and practices
• 3+ years in a leadership role with specific ties to equity, diversity and inclusion-related initiatives a plus
• Strong background in process, managing change and coaching
||Send This Job to a Friend