||Tech Ops Bay Area Regional Support Manager
||The Technology Operations Bay Area Regional Support Manager manages technology support at Aspire schools in the Bay Area. This position oversees the deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all technology equipment in Bay Area schools and is also responsible for developing and managing productive working relationships with principals and office managers. Additionally, this position manages the Bay Area Regional Desktop Analyst and ensures that support tickets in the region are resolved according to SLA’s. The Tech Ops Bay Area Regional Support Manager reports to the Manager of Technology Operations and will work with the Manager of Technology Operations and the Director of Technology Operations to support efficient performance of technology operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform remote and on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
• Deploy, maintain and manage technology at schools including: PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, iPads, AVAYA Phone Systems, Apple TV’s, smartboards, projectors, document cameras, and video conferencing.
• Manage relationships with principals and office managers to enable productive working relationships between schools and Technology Operations.
• Recommend upgrades and modifications to school technology infrastructure and end user devices based on school academic priorities and budget constraints. Work with principals each year on technology upgrade purchases and on strategic long-term technology plans.
• Collaborate with network and system administrators to ensure efficient operation of servers and networking equipment at schools.
• Manage support tickets in region to ensure SLA’s are met; respond to support requests with excellent and professional customer service and ensure the Bay Area Desktop Analyst does the same.
• Mentor the Bay Area Desktop Analyst and provide support to the Desktop Analyst with more complex desktop support issues.
• Be on call for urgent requests from Principals and Office Managers.
• Regularly document regional projects and progress; write technical documentation and knowledge base articles as needed.
• Project manage regional special projects such as large technology rollouts, upgrades, etc.
• Lead one or two special projects each year that span all Aspire regions such as evaluating and recommending new technology for implementation in schools.
• Assist the Manager of Technology Operations and the Director of Technology Operations in developing a regional project plans on an ongoing basis.
• Work with the Aspire Bay Area Superintendent to address Area Superintendent technology and academic priorities.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Perform other duties as required.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Excellent technical knowledge of laptop and desktop hardware, including PCs, Chromebooks, Macs, iPads, and other mobile devices
• Working technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare Esxi, RAID, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012
• Strong understanding of networking concepts and points of failure in a given technology infrastructure
• Ability to work with remote tools and techniques for troubleshooting and help a user troubleshoot remotely
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
• Ability to diagnose hardware, software, and basic networking problems and train others as required
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills; A team player with a positive can-do attitude
• Customer service orientation
• Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills; Ability to articulate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• Support the organization’s goals and objectives
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
2) Minimum educational level:
• College diploma or university degree, ideally in the field of Information Systems (or similar) or computer engineering and/or 4-5 years equivalent work experience in the IT field.
3) Experience required:
• 2 Years Tier II/III experience; Networking experience a plus
• 4-5 years in a desktop support role
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience managing relationships/accounts/vendors
||Send This Job to a Friend